UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT
DISTRICT OF KANSAS
Position Titles: Technology Specialist – Vacancy # W 19-7
No. of Positions: 1
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Opening Date: March 25, 2019
Closes: Open until filled, with preference given to resumes received by April 15, 2019
Salary Range: $45,321 – 62,236* (CL 26-27)
*Starting salary is commensurate with qualifications and based upon Court Personnel System (CPS) guidelines. Advanced in step placement up to $80,933 may be available for exceptionally qualified candidates or prior federal employees.
The Technology Specialist performs work related to workstation and server administration, end-user support, system and application maintenance and troubleshooting, and computer security. The Technology Specialist is responsible for recommending, planning, and installing new systems, products and applications. As a member of a group of systems personnel, this position reports directly to the Systems Manager. The Technology Specialist also maintains documentation of all automation systems. Occasional travel within the District of Kansas (Topeka and Kansas City, KS), and to other locations will be necessary for training and collaboration with other systems staff.
- Maintain version applicability and local functionality of user applications, such as: MS Windows, MS Office, Outlook, and court-developed local and national applications.
- Provide technical support and maintenance of telephone systems, courtroom technology, peripherals, and audio/visual systems, as required.
- Provide remote support for other locations, including users in a virtual environment.
- Determine and recommend computer software or hardware required to install new systems or applications or alter existing systems/applications. Diagnose hardware and custom off-the-shelf software problems and replace defective components or design software fixes.
- Analyze, isolate, and solve complex system problems utilizing technical resources. Diagnose and remedy computing system failures, both hardware and software.
- Maintain, install, and update desktop computers, including new product evaluation and software compatibility analysis.
- Maintain automated management systems for imaging, software updates, and patch management.
- Maintain computer security resources on all workstations, including anti-virus and firewall systems. Assist with server security systems, as required.
- Maintain and document computer and related equipment inventory, and software licenses.
- Prepare and deliver training for users and IT staff which is clear and effective.
Must be a high school graduate, or equivalent, and have a minimum of two years progressively responsible specialized experience in supporting Windows desktop operating systems and troubleshooting and resolving technical problems involving computer equipment and peripherals. The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to handle multiple projects and tasks at once, present a professional demeanor, possess strong organizational and communication skills, and work well in a team environment. Must have a demonstrated ability to handle confidential and sensitive data.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field of study
- Experience with Windows 10
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2016 administration and managing servers via command line
- Significant experience with VMWare hosts and VMWare VDI, including using templates and snapshots
- Experience with multiple security software packages (Symantec, Malwarebytes, Websense) and ideally, a security certification
- Experience with Quest KACE Software Deployment Tool or similar
- Familiarity with development and programming, such as Scrum and Power Shell
- Knowledge of virtual servers
- Knowledge of VOIP, wireless, and A/V systems
- Prior use of off-the-shelf computer hardware and software and case management solutions
- Prior court experience
- 13 days paid vacation for each of the first three years.
- 20 days paid vacation after three years, 26 days after 15 years.
- 13 days paid sick leave.
- 10 paid holidays.
- Choice of healthcare coverage, including dental & vision coverage.
- Life insurance options.
- Participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.
- Participation in the Thrift Savings Plan (tax deferred retirement savings plan).
- Participation in the Long Term Care Insurance plan.
- Participation in the Flexible Benefits Program.
- Free parking.
- Free onsite fitness center.
To apply for this position, applicants must submit the following application materials in a single Adobe PDF document via email to email@example.com.
- cover letter with salary requirements
- professional resume
Applicants selected for a phone screening will be asked to complete an Application for Federal Employment (AO 78) and Supplemental Application Form.
INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
The U.S. Bankruptcy Court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement or to withdraw the job announcement, any of which actions may occur without any prior written notice. One or more positions may be filled from this vacancy announcement. This position is subject to mandatory participation in electronic payment of net pay (i.e. Direct Deposit) and a favorable background check, which may be subject to periodic updates. The U.S. Bankruptcy Court requires employees to adhere to a Code of Ethics and Conduct. Due to the volume of applications received, the court may only communicate to those individuals who will be interviewed for open positions. Travel and relocation expenses will not be paid. Applicants must be United States citizens or eligible to work for the United States Government.
***THE UNITED STATES BANKRUPTCY COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***