(a) Motions for an Extension of Time to Perform an Act. All motions for an extension of time to perform an act required or allowed to be done within a specified time must show:
(1) whether there has been prior consultation with other parties and the views of other parties;
(2) the date when the act was first due;
(3) if prior extensions have been granted, the number of extensions granted and the date of expiration of the last extension; and
(4) the cause for the requested extension. Parties must file the motion before the specified time expires. Absent a showing of excusable neglect, the court will not grant extensions requested after the specified time expires.
(b) Motions for Continuance. A party must file motions to continue a pretrial conference, a hearing on a motion, or the trial of an action reasonably in advance of the hearing date and must specify the views of other parties.
(c) Joint or Unopposed Motions. Subject to Fed. R. Civ. P. 29, stipulations for extensions of time are subject to court approval. The court will not continue pretrial conferences, hearings, or trial upon stipulation of the parties.
(d) Time for Filing of Responses and Replies. Unless the court orders otherwise, the following time periods apply to the filing of responses and replies. These time periods include the additional three-day period allowed under Fed. R. Civ. P. 6(d) and, therefore, apply regardless of the method of service.
(1) Non-dispositive motions. Responses to non-dispositive motions (motions other than motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, motions to remand, or motions for judgment on the pleadings) must be filed and served within 14 days. Replies must be filed and served within 14 days of the service of the response.
(2) Dispositive motions. Responses to motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, motions to remand, or motions for judgment on the pleadings must be filed and served within 21 days. Replies must be filed and served within 14 days of the service of the response.
* * *
As amended 3/17/11, 12/1/09, 3/17/04, 9/00.