A party may file a motion asking a judge or magistrate judge to reconsider an order or decision made by that judge or magistrate judge.
(a) Dispositive Orders and Judgments. Parties seeking reconsideration of dispositive orders or judgments must file a motion pursuant to Fed. R. Civ. P. 59(e) or 60. The court will not grant reconsideration of such an order or judgment under this rule.
(b) Non-Dispositive Orders. Parties seeking reconsideration of non-dispositive orders must file a motion within 14 days after the order is filed unless the court extends the time. A motion to reconsider must be based on:
(1) an intervening change in controlling law;
(2) the availability of new evidence; or
(3) the need to correct clear error or prevent manifest injustice.

* * *

As amended 12/01/09, 6/11/98.

Currently Browsing Section III. Pleading and Motions

< Previous Local Rule | Back To Local Rules | Next Local Rule >
U.S. Federal Court District of Kansas


U.S. Federal Court District of Kansas