(a) Objections to Magistrate Judge’s Order. The procedure for filing objections to an order of a magistrate judge in a nondispositive matter follows Fed. R. Civ. P. 72(a). Such objections must be made by filing a motion to review the order in question.

(b) Objections to Magistrate Judge’s Recommendation.

The procedure for filing objections to the recommendation of a magistrate judge on a dispositive or other matter follows Fed. R. Civ. P. 72(b).

(c) Appeal from Judgment. The procedure for appeal from a judgment in an action tried by consent to a magistrate judge follows Fed. R. Civ. P. 73.

(d) Application for Stay of Magistrate Judge’s Order. Application for stay of a magistrate judge’s order pending review of objections must first be made to the magistrate judge.

(e) Application in Criminal Cases. In criminal cases, motions for a judge to review a magistrate judge’s order must be filed within 14 days of the date the magistrate judge’s order is filed.

* * *

As amended 12/01/09, 6/18/97.

Currently Browsing Section IX. Special Proceedings; Magistrate Judges

< Previous Local Rule | Back To Local Rules | Back To Local Rules
U.S. Federal Court District of Kansas