(a) Notice of Removal. A defendant or defendants desiring to remove any civil action from a state court must file a notice of removal as required by 28 U.S.C. § 1446.
(b) Place of Filing Notice of Removal. Except in cases removed by the United States, notices of removal must be filed in the following record offices of the clerk of the court (see map):
(1) In Kansas City — cases from the state court of the First, Sixth, Seventh, Tenth, Eleventh, Twenty-second, or Twenty-ninth Judicial Districts of Kansas;
(2) In Topeka — cases from the state court of the Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Eighth, Twelfth, Twenty-first, Twenty-eighth, or Thirty-first Judicial Districts of Kansas; and
(3) In Wichita — cases from the state court of the Ninth, Thirteenth, Fourteenth, Fifteenth, Sixteenth, Seventeenth, Eighteenth, Nineteenth, Twentieth, Twenty-third, Twenty-fourth, Twenty-fifth, Twenty-sixth, Twenty-seventh, or Thirtieth Judicial Districts of Kansas.
(1) Notice to the Parties. The removing party must promptly serve written notice of the filing of the notice of removal on all adverse parties.
(2) Notice to State Court. The removing party must forthwith file a copy of the notice of removal with the clerk of the state court from which the case is removed. Such filing effects the removal.
(3) Proof of Service. The removing party must file a certificate with the clerk of the court showing proof of service of all notices and filings with the clerk of the state court.
* * *
As amended 12/16/08, 3/10/92.