Petition for Return of Cash Bond

You may petition the Court for return of bond monies only after:

  1. Defendant’s case has been dismissed;
  2. Defendant received a probation sentence;
  3. Defendant has reported or surrendered after sentencing to the designated place of confinement; or
  4. Defendant is remanded to custody after trial or sentencing.

To complete the petition:

  1. Fill in the case caption.
  2. Fill in your name and the current address, which must be legible. Treasury checks cannot be forwarded.
  3. Complete section 1. Leave blank section 2, which will be completed by the Clerk’s office.
  4. Your signature must be witnessed by a Deputy Clerk in the Clerk’s office or notarized.
  5. Submit the completed petition to the Clerk’s office for processing.


Contact Us | Employment | Privacy Policy | Seminars Disclosure | Report Judicial Misconduct | BrowseAloud© 2015-2018 U.S. District Court of Kansas
500 State Avenue, Kansas City, Kansas 66101 | 913-735-2200 | Hours of Operation
444 S.E. Quincy, Topeka, Kansas | 785-335-5400 | Hours of Operation
401 N. Market, Wichita, Kansas 67202 | 316-315-4200 | Hours of Operation