UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
|Position Titles:||Court Operations Support Specialist - Vacancy TO-23-02|
|No. of Positions:||1|
|Opening Date:||March 1, 2023|
|Closing Date:||Open until filled – preference given to applications received before close of business on Friday, March 24, 2023|
|Salary Range:||$41,965 - $68,200 (CL 24/1 – 24/61)|
*Starting salary is commensurate with qualifications, experience, and based upon Court Personnel System (CPS) guidelines.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity in our workforce. The essential function of a court is to dispense justice. An important component of this function is the creation and maintenance of diversity in the court system. A community’s belief that a court dispenses justice is heightened when the court reflects the racial, ethic, and gender diversity of the community it serves.
You will make a difference when working for the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas. District courts serve an essential function in the federal judiciary and society. As a district court employee, you will be constantly learning as you work with judges, attorneys, the public, and other governmental and law enforcement agencies. To learn more about our court visit our website at www.ksd.uscourts.gov.
The Court Operations Support Specialist duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting individuals in person and on the telephone, answering routine questions, and directing visitors and callers
- Processing payments received and issuing receipts
- Receiving and reviewing incoming documents to determine conformity with federal and local rules
- Conducting quality assurance reviews of all new cases filed electronically and making corrections as needed
- Preparing, scanning, and entering a variety of documents and orders in the court’s electronic filing system
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail
- Assisting the division manager with special projects and courthouse events
- Assisting with the coordination of interpreter appearances and payments
- Performing other administrative and clerical tasks as assigned
- A high school diploma or equivalent and two years of general work experience
- At least one year of progressively responsible clerical or administrative experience demonstrating the ability to apply a body of rules, regulations, directives, or laws, and involve the use of specialized terminology and automated computer systems and equipment for word processing, data entry or report generation
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to deal with a wide variety of people tactfully and courteously
- The ability to maintain confidentiality and use sound judgement
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to work with a variety of programs and applications
- A professional demeanor and strong work ethic
- The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
1. 13 days paid vacation for each of the first three years
2. 20 days paid vacation after three years, 26 days after 15 years
3. 13 days paid sick leave
4. 11 paid holidays
5. Choice of healthcare coverage, including dental & vision coverage
6. Life insurance options
7. Participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System
8. Participation in the Thrift Savings Plan (tax deferred retirement savings plan)
9. Participation in the Flexible Benefits Program
10. Up to 12 weeks of Paid Parental Leave for eligible employees
11. Free parking
12. Free onsite fitness center
To apply for this position, please submit the following items in a single PDF file by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1) a cover letter,
2) a chronological resume, and
3) a Federal Judicial Branch Application for Employment*
- The Application for Employment form is available on the Court’s website under the Forms/Employment tabs. Please note that there are separate forms for PC and Mac users.
- PLEASE NOTE: The subject line of the e-mail must include both the position title, Court Operations Support Specialist, and the position number, KC23-03.
* Current District of Kansas employees do not need to submit the AO 78 application form.
* You should NOT respond to questions 18, 19, and 20 of the AO 78 application form, in accordance with the Fair Chance to Compete with Jobs Act of 2019.
Information for Applicants
The position is in the excepted service and does not carry the tenure rights of the competitive civil service. The position does include the same benefits as other federal government employees including participation in health and life insurance, retirement, and the Thrift Savings Plan. The Court reserves the right to modify the conditions of this job announcement or to withdraw the job announcement, any of which actions may occur without any prior written notice. One or more positions may be filled from this vacancy announcement. This position is subject to mandatory participation in electronic payment of net pay (i.e. Direct Deposit) and a favorable background check, which may be subject to periodic updates. The U.S. District Court requires employees to adhere to a Code of Ethics and Conduct. Due to the volume of applications received, the court may only communicate to those individuals who will be interviewed for open positions. Travel and relocation expenses cannot be paid. Applicants must be United States citizens or eligible to work for the United States Government.
***THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER***