NextGen CM/ECF for Attorneys

NextGen CM/ECF

United States District Court of Kansas


I filed in CM/ECF prior to the implementation of NextGen CM/ECF (August 10, 2015), but I haven’t filed since then.  What should I do?

You must have your own, individual upgraded PACER account If you already have your own PACER account but it was created prior to August 11, 2014, you must UPGRADE it.  Upgrade your account. (Step-by-Step instructions for upgrading)  Shared PACER accounts* cannot be used by filing attorneys.  If you do not currently have an individual PACER account, you must register for one.  Register for a PACER account.   (Step-by-Step instructions for registering).    Questions regarding Individual PACER accounts should be directed to PACER at or by calling (800)676-6856.  Answers to frequently asked questions may be found at

                 *A note to firms:  Firms may set up a PACER Administrative Account to help manage attorney accounts and have them centrally billed for filing and PACER access fees.  Complete information regarding PACER Administrative Accounts (PAAs) can be found here: .  Click here to register for a PAA Account:

You must link your PACER account to your CM/ECF login/password.  You must know the login and password for the CM/ECF account that you previously used to filed documents.  You must use that login and password to link your filing account to your PACER account.  If you don’t know your login/password, contact your local clerk’s office.  Linking the accounts is a one-time procedure.  After the accounts are linked, you will use your PACER login and password to file and view documents in CM/ECF.  The linked accounts are referred to as Central Sign-On accounts.   (Step-by-Step instructions for linking)

I have never filed in CM/ECF in the District of Kansas.  What should I do?

Attorneys who have never had a CM/ECF filing account in the District of Kansas should review the information on the Attorney Resources – Practice page for the instructions that best fit your needs.  Do not hesitate to contact the clerk’s office for assistance.


for the court:


Kansas City   913-735-2200      

Topeka   785-338-5400      

Wichita  316-315-4200

for PACER: 


Phone:  (800)676-6856



U.S. Federal Court District of Kansas


U.S. Federal Court District of Kansas